<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 07, 2004

California Gets Jipped Again 

Okay, I know I live in probably the best area in America. San Francisco offers a wide range of culture, tons of stuff to do, great music, and pretty much an easy going kinda life style - not to mention, we are surrounded by scenery that takes your breath away. With that said, I still can't help but bitch about our location in the world. Those of us over here on the west coast will not have the luxury of seeing Venus wander on by the sun, giving us earthlings a wink as she sashays into obscurity. I was so excited about witnessing this event - with all science aside, there's still a lot of magic I feel when thinking of the universe beyond our world. I purposely sat aside time during lunch to read all about the glimpse of Venus. An impatient anticipation ran through me as I scanned today's newspaper searching for the time of Venus's crossing - I was thinking of getting up early just to see Venus wave hello and good bye, whether that would have actually happened is beside the point. And what do I find? Yet again, California's lat's and long's give us the shit end of the stick.

"Yet again" is right. Our time zone totally sucks ass. America operates according to the clock of the East Coast. If I'm having a major problem with some software in the later part of the afternoon, I can forget about calling the 1-800 number for assistance, until very early tomorrow morning. It's a pain in the ass for me to call my parents. By the time I remember to deliver my weekly phone call, it's already 10:00 PM over there. This is crippling when it comes to the last minute Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, birthday and whatever else greetings.

Well, I can't really think of another example as to why California's cosmic location sucks ass. I'm just pissed that I can't see Venus in person - that's all. I guess seeing her debut on a website somewhere will suffice The Winking of Venus

You know the word "jip" is not in the dictionary. Still haven't heard back from Webster.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?