<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Crumbs in Keyboard 

For some reason, the "H" key on my keyboard would not work this morning. All of my email greetings started with "i" or "ey" or "ola" or "ello". As I turned my keyboard on its side to see what was up with Mr. H, a surprising amount of crumbs fell out of my board of keys. Shaking only took care of the really loose buggers. I'm gonna have to resort to an air blower for the rest, I'm afraid.

In the past month, I've been treating myself to pastries in the morning. Work has become so fucking grueling that the only thing that gets me out of bed is the thought of a yummy pastry purchased in the cafe of my office building. On my way to work, I'm thinking of which pastry it will be today - croissant, scone, bear claw, cinnamon roll, or big-ass American sized muffins (chocolate's my favorite). Once I've dumped my satchel, keys and morning newspaper in my office, I run down to the cafe and sheepishly order my morning pastry. I say sheepishly, because the owner, a cute little Asian lady, has lately been giving me the once over before greeting me. She smiles as if to say, "I appreciate your business", but her up and down glances are saying, "ummm... but I don't need your business that bad."

I guess, my pastry fetish has gotten a little out of control, so says my keyboard, the glaring eyes of a sweet Asian lady, and my favorite pair of Levis jeans. I don't know how I can work without a pastry. If only I could smoke in my office!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?